30/09/2020 - Improving information regarding business combinations and subsequent accounting for goodwill – which way to go? - 16 October 2020
Register now for the joint online outreach event focused on the application of the IASB's proposals to improve disclosures regarding acquisitions and impairment testing on goodwill as well as the question whether goodwill amortisation should be reconsidered, organised by EFRAG, in cooperation with the IASB. The event will take place on 16 October 2020 from 10:00 to 13:00 (CEST).
EFRAG and the IASB invite you to a webinar with a wide range of high-level speakers on how to improve disclosures regarding acquisitions, enhancing impairment testing and accounting for goodwill.
Martin Edelmann, IASB Board member, will present the DP proposal and Chiara Del Prete, EFRAG TEG Chairwoman provides the EFRAG presentation on its preliminary positions and key questions to European constituents.
A roundtable will follow, with high-level speakers, moderated by Olivier Schérer (EFRAG TEG member, Partner PwC France and Chair of the Accounting Working Party of Accountancy Europe), including questions by the audience.
The objective of the event is to collect input from the community of interested stakeholders (auditors, valuators, preparers, enforcers, users and academics) on the IASB's preliminary views included in the Discussion Paper Business Combinations—Disclosures, Goodwill and Impairment and EFRAG's Draft Comment Letter.
The audience will be able to contribute to the discussion through polling surveys and Q&A sessions.
The speakers are:
- Robert Braun, German Financial Reporting Enforcement Panel (FREP)
- Tim Craig, IASB Staff Member
- Emanuele Flappini, Head of Financial Reporting at Mediobanca SpA
- Javier Hombria, Account Manager at Morrow Sodali, observer EFRAG Advisory Panel on Intangibles
- Anne Jeny, Professor, Accounting Department, ESSEC Business School
- Diana Nikolaeva, IVSC Board Member and Partner EY TAS EMEIA
- Kathrin Schöne, EFRAG Project Director
- Rasmus Sommer, EFRAG Senior Technical Manager
- Leo van der Tas, Global IFRS Services Leader EY
You can already register for the event here.