08/10/2020 - EFRAG and IASB joint online outreach event: Improving information regarding business combinations and subsequent accounting for goodwill - which way to go? PROGRAMME - 16 October 2020 – 10:00 (CEST)
EFRAG and the IASB invite constituents to participate in their joint outreach event 'Improving information regarding business combinations and subsequent accounting for goodwill – which way to go?' A detailed program is attached to this news item. Register here to attend the event.
EFRAG and the IASB invite you to a webinar with a wide range of high-level speakers on how to improve disclosures regarding acquisitions, enhancing impairment testing and accounting for goodwill.
The event will take place on 16 October 2020, from 10:00 to 13:00 (CEST). The objective is to collect input from the community of interested stakeholders (auditors, valuers, preparers, enforcers, users and academics) on the IASB's preliminary views included in the Discussion Paper Business Combinations—Disclosures, Goodwill and Impairment and EFRAG's Draft Comment Letter.
The audience will be able to contribute to the discussion through surveys and Q&A sessions. Following presentations by Martin Edelmann, IASB Board member, and Chiara Del Prete, EFRAG TEG Chairwoman, there will be a panel discussion moderated by Oliver Schérer, EFRAG TEG member, Partner PwC France and Chair of the Accounting Working Party of Accountancy Europe, as well as audience participation.The other speakers are:
- Robert Braun, German Financial Reporting Enforcement Panel (FREP)
- Tim Craig, IASB Staff Member
- Emanuele Flappini, Head of Financial Reporting at Mediobanca SpA
- Javier Hombria, Account Manager at Morrow Sodali, observer EFRAG Advisory Panel on Intangibles
- Anne Jeny, Professor, Accounting Department, ESSEC Business School
- Diana Nikolaeva, IVSC Board Member
- Kathrin Schöne, EFRAG Project Director
- Rasmus Sommer, EFRAG Senior Technical Manager
- Leo van der Tas, Global IFRS Services Leader EY
We are looking forward to receiving a wide range of views on these topics.You can read the detailed programme and register for the event here.