01/02/2019 - Vacancy: Finance and HR Manager
EFRAG, a leading actor in the global financial reporting environment, is looking for an experienced Finance and HR Manager to support the daily operations of the organisation.
Are you interested in using your Belgian finance, HR, legal and governance knowledge and experience in a multicultural, small but influential organisation that serves the public interest? Examine the opportunities that EFRAG can offer.
What is EFRAG?
EFRAG is a not-for-profit (AISBL), public interest organisation and the leading European force in the global financial reporting debate. EFRAG was established in 2001 by European stakeholder organisations with an interest in financial reporting, representing the business community, investors and the accountancy profession. EFRAG’s activities are aimed at ensuring that European views on the development of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) are properly and clearly articulated in the international standard-setting process, so that ultimately IFRS are fit for Europe.
In September 2018 EFRAG has established the European Corporate Reporting Lab at EFRAG (European Lab). The objective of the European Lab is to stimulate innovations in the field of corporate reporting in Europe by identifying and sharing good practices.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for candidates that can demonstrate experience in managing finance and HR operations, and in supporting legal and governance activities, in a Belgian and European environment. EFRAG’s Finance and HR Manager will report directly to EFRAG’s CEO in a role that combines various responsibilities and tasks that are critical to the effective functioning of the organisation:
• Finance: managing EFRAG’s finance function with responsibility for day-to-day financial administration and record-keeping, (currently partly outsourced to an external provider) and statutory reporting including financial statements (Belgian GAAP) and EC grant-related report preparation
• Human resources: managing EFRAG’s HR function, with responsibility for recruitment, contracts, performance management, staff development and payroll (Belgian and split payrolls, outsourced to an external provider), etc
• Legal: supporting the EFRAG CEO on legal matters, legal record keeping (including statutory records) and reporting requirements
• Governance: supporting the EFRAG CEO in relation to the various governance and oversight committees of the EFRAG Board and the EFRAG General Assembly.
What will you need?
We are looking for candidates with the following profile:
• Demonstrated experience in human resources (based on Belgian labour and business law)
• Demonstrated experience in operating in a Belgian finance and accounting environment
• Some experience in operating in a Belgian legal environment
• Some experience with governance related-matters
• Some experience with maintenance of websites is a plus
• Analytical skills
• Computer literate and proficient at using MS Word, Excel and Power Point
• Good organisational skills
• Fluent in English (operational language of EFRAG)
• Fluent in French, a good knowledge of Dutch is a plus
• Personal attributes:
o Trustworthy and discreet
o Ability to maintain confidentiality
o Ability to liaise with senior people
o Ability to work in a multicultural environment
o Ability to work on your own
o Strong interpersonal skills
o Sense of diplomacy
Why join EFRAG?
Joining EFRAG represents a unique opportunity to apply your expertise as a finance and human resources professional in a small but influential European organisation and give support to all operational aspects of our organisation. Working at EFRAG will give you the opportunity to use and develop your professional skills and experience in a multi-functional role, working in close cooperation with the EFRAG CEO and leadership team.
EFRAG’s offices are located in Brussels, at the heart of Europe. You will work in a multicultural environment: your colleagues come from all over Europe and from outside Europe.
How to apply?
If you are interested in joining EFRAG, please send your CV, together with a covering letter explaining your interest, to Saskia Slomp, by email on email@example.com.